Thanks for visiting Noteworthy Nanny! We know that education starts early; that’s why we connect you with quality early childhood educators that provide you with home-based care, and choose education-centered activities tailored to fit your little one. All of our nannies are CPR and First Aid certified, schooled in child development, and knowledgeable about the basics of childcare. Your child deserves a professional, and we’re here to help connect you with a nanny that is just right!
Our Educational Philosophy:
Our nannies strive to nurture your little one’s curiosity, and help your child explore early math, science, reading and art skills using their preferred subject of interest. We are inspired by a philosophy that started in the early 1960’s in Reggio, Italy. The Reggio Emilia approach focuses on education-based play and emergent curriculum that is led by the child.
Our core concepts include:
- Emergent curriculum – child-led curriculum
- Stewardship of the earth– we encourage nature-centered outdoor play
- Technology as a tool- when age appropriate & parent approved
- Kindness toward others
- Mirroring your parenting style– we support your role as a parent
- Education-centered & purposeful play activities
- The environment as a secondary teacher -the classroom is everywhere!
- Respect for the child– children are capable & intelligent learners
- & Safety first!
The role of the early childhood educator is important, as well as the communication between teacher and parents. We believe that it takes a village to raise a child; nanny-teachers and parents should have open communication and feel free to share ideas, articles and child milestones that will help us build up a community of support so that our little friends grow to be the happiest and healthiest of learners. If you have any other questions, I would love to hear from you!
Founder of Noteworthy Nanny